Saturday, June 23, 2007

Do Something

Forget the bag that the fashionistas are going gaga over.

While the idea behind Anya Hindmarch's "I'm Not A Plastic Bag" is sound, I don't think anyone needs to shell out upwards of $50 on eBay (even up to $400, by some reports) for a bag that originally sold for $15 at Fred Segal Flair just to be "green chic."

Everyone can do their part, right here and now, no trendy canvas bag required. Simply say "No thanks" to plastic bags whenever you can. My personal rule: If I can carry it in my two hands, or stuff it in my purse, then I don't need the plastic bag. Do it at the grocery, at the bookstore, at 7-11.

And if you're really interested in using a reusable shopping bag, why not support our own with one of these Bazura bags?

Using recycled foil juice packs, the bags are made by a women's coop in the Philippines.

It's no "It Bag" but it gets the job done, and in my opinion, is cute in it's own way.

2 comments:

  1. abbie!!!

    i gave candy a basura bag. zesto grape juice ang material. i like the bags you bought at ikea as well.

    joffin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jof!
    I miss Durga. Let me know when you're back up.

    ReplyDelete