Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Fashion


One downside of living far from trendy cities like New York and Los Angeles is that you slowly lose your sense of fashion. Mind you, I was never one who always wore the latest trends, but I liked being around it and appreciated the diverse aesthetics that it provided.

While packing recently for a 4-day trip, I realized that my closet had gotten just so depressingly boring. Over the last years, my regular attire has come down to different combinations of about a half dozen solid-colored t-shirts and 3 pairs of jeans.

Hoping to inject some life into my wardrobe, I hit the local mall. Two hours later, I was empty-handed and very annoyed. I walked out of there with a knitted hoodie zip-up and a black babydoll dress which I bought only because they were ridiculously discounted and I felt the pressure to get something for my efforts.

Two weekends ago, I bought a pair of white Betula sandals and felt sufficiently proud of my fashion forwardness.

Someone help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment