Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Let's start by planning a wedding.


Not mine, of course, but that of a really dear friend. 

S is perhaps one of my oldest friends. We were giggly high school girls together, when our days would turn on a smile from a crush, when we would spend lunch hour on a churchyard swing, when we dreamed of the life ahead while walking that tree-lined campus. 

She was the one who took me to the doctor when our Biology teacher correctly assessed that I had in fact gone to school with the measles. Together, we scared ourselves silly with ghosts stories while reviewing for the UPCAT at C's house. We walked and talked all those years ago, getting to know each other while we got to know ourselves. 

We parted ways of sorts in college, and in the years after that. But all the while, I knew she would always be there for me, and I for her. 

Eighteen years later, here we are, planning her wedding. And I am honored beyond words to be her maid of honor. 

More wedding planning details will follow, with her permission. 

PHOTO: S and I at another friend's wedding in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment