Friday, January 30, 2009

Who's thinking of the Super Bowl...

...when there's UFC 94?!

Saturday's title fight should be a good one. I'm rooting for "the prodigy" BJ Penn. And not just because he looks Pinoy.

BJ Penn vs. Sean Sherk
Photo: UFC.com

Other UFC fighters weigh in on the match here.

Matt Hughes:
“I believe this is going to be a close fight. I think if it ends early, BJ’s going to get his hand raised, and if it ends later, then Georges’ will get his hand raised.”

Matt Serra:
“It’s tough to say because it could go either way,” he says. “Because that’s MMA, and of course the game’s so crazy. It’s tough to pick a winner. But, again, I think it’ll come down to strategy, and I believe Georges will be looking to put him against the cage, put him down, use his wrestling, his explosiveness and his athleticism and really just try and take him to deeper waters. Get him into the later rounds, and I think that Georges will win a decision that way.”

Sean Sherk:
“I think both pose a lot of problems for each other, and it’s what intrigues people about this fight,” he says. “The last time they fought it was right down to the wire. A lot of people said Penn won, a lot of people said St-Pierre won. But I don’t see BJ getting knocked out. I don’t see BJ getting submitted. If anything, I see a decision by St-Pierre or a knockout by Penn.”

As for me, I'm hoping for a good fight with a third round win by Penn. By submission, preferably. I'm sure my friend Ameetess with strongly disagree.

1 comment:

  1. I think five of those guys might give me a fair fight.

    ReplyDelete