Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Great design for daily living

It's amazing how good design can elevate everyday items into things of beauty. Some items I want in my home:

Eva Zeisel's Classic Century Dinnerware Originally designed in 1952 by designer Eva Zeisel, reissued by Crate and Barrel. One word to describe this collection: graceful. I especially want the teapot, coffeepot and sauce boat. 


Bodum's Columbia sugar and cream set
I'm kind of obsessed with sugar and cream sets. Don't ask me why. This is one of my favorites. So sleek and cool. 


Pier 1 Orbit Chair
Mid-century flavor + homey wicker = cool chair
I waited too long to get these. When I finally needed them, they were gone--discontinued! Why Pier 1, why? You just discontinued the one item that gave your brand a cool cachet.



No comments:

Post a Comment