Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Today's prescription: a little perspective

V & I have been talking a lot lately about how unfortunate it is that we will not get to travel overseas this year. We promised ourselves a long time ago that we will take the time (and resources) to go someplace new at least once a year, before we have kids. We figured, this is the time to indulge ourselves, before kids change our priorities. 

But due to the current economic situation all over the world, we thought it prudent to put off our planned Christmas trip to Mexico. If there was ever a time to cut out unnecessary expenses and shore up savings, it's now. 

Last night, I was feeling extra bad for the fact that our trip has been cancelled. We deserve it, I thought. We don't splurge on anything else. We don't buy stuff for the sake of stuff. I went to bed thinking of the next trip we will take, promising that it will be bigger and better than the one we missed out on.

Last night, I was feeling sorry for myself. This morning, I found this

We truly have a lot to be grateful for. So I'll start today with "Thank you."


No comments:

Post a Comment