Sunday, December 7, 2008

Manny! Manny!

I didn't watch the fight, as I was at dinner with some new friends who are moving to Monterey soon. But I had V checking his Blackberry for updates.

A solid win for Manny Pacquaio. Someone Filipinos every where can be proud of. (And easy money for my dad. Haha!)

HBO recaps the Pacman's amazing journey here.



I thought this was funny too, as an extra bonus: “Zero crime rate in NCR during the Pacquiao fight, except for a lost wallet in a crowd of watchers in Tondo (in Manila) at the public free viewing area due to excitement,” said Bataoil. Read here.

HBO also aired a series of episodes featuring the prep both Pacquiao and De La Hoya did leading up to the fight. It's funny to see Manny's giant entourage! "Eleven of them squeeze into a two-bedroom condo." Keeping it real, Pinoy-style! And talaga ba namang may Magic Mic pa?! Also, his dog is cute.

I found the little bit about his wife, Jinky, interesting. I sense a bit of tension there, at least as far as this episode goes. Did anyone else pick that up?

No comments:

Post a Comment